Qoute from The EMT Spot

"There is a patient out there who is on a collision course with your skills. They don't know you yet. You've never met them either. They have no idea that they are going to meet you in the future, but the day they do, they will test you." From The EMT Spot

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A Good Example

I was in class on Monday and had a fantastic instructor discussing RSI, he made it very clear that it is not something to be taken lightly, but not a skill we should be greatly afraid of performing when a patient needs RSI.  He also admitted that is ok to recognize that you may be a little afraid everytime you are faced with doing RSI simply because the patient is in very serious trouble and there are great risks for both you and the patient involved. I appreciate when an instructor is that honest about himself and what I may face in a situation or have go through my mind.
I think that what made him a such a good instructor is that he has passion about being a paramedic and an instructor and he was not afraid to show it. He is a good example of the kind of Paramedic I hope to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment