Qoute from The EMT Spot

"There is a patient out there who is on a collision course with your skills. They don't know you yet. You've never met them either. They have no idea that they are going to meet you in the future, but the day they do, they will test you." From The EMT Spot

Thursday, October 7, 2010

IAFC EMS Study

I wish I could say I was surprised by the study results, but I wasn't. I 'll bet that anybody who has ever done an EMS call could have told them that more help makes things go better, and more better trained help makes things go faster sooner. I don't know how this could be accomplished but I would love to know if it had a significant effect on patient outcome. Because is the one question that is not really dealt with except to say it wasn't dealt with at all. The bias of the IAFC is not really why I mention this, it is because in this current economic climate a study that says more help makes things work better is useless infomation. Anybody with more than a weeks experience in EMS could tell them that and wouldn't need an expensive study to know it beyond a doubt. What changes can we make that will have a significant effect on the outcomes for the patient?

No comments:

Post a Comment